At the end of this session, you should be able to:
- Understand the limitations of JDBC and SQL
- Explain the motivation and benefits of Object-Relational Mapping
- Use JPA to create a simple database
- Use the JPA EntityManager to perform Create, Read, Update and Delete operations
- Write simple JPA queries
- Understand the purpose of a persistence context and the distinction between managed and detached entities
- Explain the differences between relational models and object oriented models that lead to the "Object-Relational Impedance Mismatch"